About the spiritual Yoga guru
Baba Ramdev is a spiritual leader and a well-known name in the world of Yoga. Born as Ramakrishna Yadav in Haryana, India Swami Ramdev has created a mark for himself with his contribution to Yoga, Ayurveda, agriculture and politics. He has revolutionized Yoga and owns the credit of popularising Yoga amongst masses (apart from classes) in India through his televised Yoga campaigns in 2003 via Aastha TV Channel. These campaigns gave him huge mass following and made him a household name in India.
Baba Ramdev has also taught Yoga to large number of celebrities in India including Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini & Shilpa Shetty as well as in countries abroad including USA, Britain and Japan.
In 1995, Swami Ramdev established the Divya Yog Mandir Trust. He also laid the foundation of Patanjali Yogpeeth, an institute aiming to promote the practice of yoga & Ayurveda.
Baba Ramdev has also been involved in political campaigns. He was associated with the Indian anti-corruption movement in 2011 and an integral part of the Jan Lokpal agitation aimed at investigating corruption.
Awards & Recognition
- January 2007 – Swami Ramdev was felicitated with Honorary Doctorate by Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar. This was in honour of his efforts to popularise Yoga/Vedic system
- March 2010 – He was honored with Doctorate of Sciences by Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- April 2010 – Received an honorary degree of Doctor of Science by Dr D. Y. Patil University, Pune, Maharashtra
- January 2011 – Maharashtra Governor K. Shankara Narayanan honored Baba Ramdev with Sri Chandrashekharendra Saraswati National Eminence Award
- January 2015 – Swami Ramdev was nominated for Padmashri, the highest & prestigious award to recognize his eminent contribution towards Yoga, Ayurveda & health. Baba Ramdev however declined the honour
- Swami Ramdev and his associates have been instrumental in rigorous campaigning for the declaration of 21st June as International world day of Yoga.
Hindu council of Australia used Premier tickets for the one of the biggest community event in Sydney and had fantastic experience. First release of promotional tickets (1400) were booked withing 24 hours. With even limited online promotion we were able to book 3000 tickets through Premier tickets. The complete ticketing solution by Premier ticket for our event was great and we will use it in future to make it completely online ticketed event.