Chopta, Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek
07:00 PM, Thu, 13th February 2020
Chopta Chopta 246495 UK India
09:00 AM, Mon, 17th February 2020
Chopta: Mini Switzerland of India
Chopta is also known as “Mini Switzerland of India”. Chopta is located 450 km in Uttrakhand from Delhi. Chopta is another beautiful & charming destination, which can never be forgotten for a lifetime. Chopta is rich in varied flora and fauna, with plenty of Rhododendron and Deodar trees all around. Chopta is a paradise in Uttrakhand with lush green, with lofty mountain chains covered with snow, velvety meadows and awe-inspiring views. Due to its beauty & charm, this destination has become popular among every wanderlust.
Chopta is also a base camp for the famous trek to Tungnath Temple and Chandrashila Peak.
Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek: Chopta to Tungnath is a short trek. Tungnath temple situated at a height of 3400 meters above sea level. It is one best place to experience peace of mind & spending time in silence to rejuvenate yourself by absorbing the pure radiance from the sun coming in between the swaying trees. Trek to Chandrashila peak also possible on the same day (approx 3 km) ahead of Tungnath temple. From Chandrashila you experience a 360-degree view of mountain peaks covered with snow. From here one can get a glance at some of the peak Kedar, Chaukhamba and some of the other major peaks.
This trek is comparatively easy making it suitable for beginners. One will find it quite interesting passing by the thick green forests and watching the snow-clad peaks at the distance
Travel Dates: Feb 13th to Feb 17th
Pick-up Place: DELHI
Drop Place: DELHI
DAY 1: Overnight Journey from Delhi to Chopta
- Gather and meet the trip Manager and other trippers at Mayur Vihar Phase-1 Metro Station at 9:00 pm. Boarding the vehicle & depart for Chopta. An overnight journey from Delhi to Chopta, Uttrakhand.
DAY 2: Chopta – Mini Switzerland of India
We will reach Chopta by noon. Quick camps check-in & take rest after long & tiring journey.
After rest, you can explore nearby locations on foot or can enjoy the campsite activities like mountain cycling, other sports activities available at the campsite.
By evening back to the campsite. Have tea & soup with snacks in the evening followed by dinner & overnight stay in camps.
DAY 3: Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek
Wake up early to enjoy the beautiful morning view of Chopta, freshen and get ready for the trek & have breakfast.
After breakfast, we will start the Tungnath & Chandrashila trek. A short trek but full of scenic beauty. Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world. Tungnath is an ideal place to seek mental peace, this temple is popular among the locals and trekkers as well. After spending some good time at Tungnath temple, we start walking towards Chandrashila towering height of 3,600 meters. From Chandrashila top, you will glimpse the 360-degree panoramic view of the Kumaon & Garhwal ranges.
By evening return back to our campsite. Have tea & evening snacks followed by dinner & overnight stay in camps.
MEAL: BREAKFAST & DINNER
DAY 4: Hike to Deoria Tal Lake
Wake up, freshen up & have breakfast.
After breakfast, we drive to Sari village for astonishing Deoria Tal lake. An easy 2.5 km uphill trek.
After completing the trek, back to Sari Village and will start our return journey to Delhi. On the way, we will take halt for lunch and dinner. Overnight journey from Chopta to Delhi.
DAY 5: Back to Delhi
- Back to Delhi in the morning with sweet memories.
✔ 2 nights & 3 days stays in Chopta
✔ Travel by comfortable & in AC transport
✔ Meal Included (2 breakfast, 2 dinner, evening snacks) during the trip
✔ Accommodation for 2 night in tents with scenic mountain views
✔ Tungnath & Chandrashila peak trek
✔ Hike to Deoria Tal Lake
✔ Fun activities, if time and weather permits
✔ Trip manager during the trip
✘ 5% GST
✘ Any Extra meals or Snacks or juice or water that you purchase.
✘ Any kind of entrance fees or forest charge, if applicable.
✘ Hiking equipment other than those mentioned above. (Trekking Poles, Poncho/Raincoat available at extra cost which can be selected while booking the trek).
✘ Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
✘ Mule/Porter services for carrying personal belongings.
✘ Medical expenses (apart from first aid) and insurance of any kind.
✘ Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges, camera fee and items of personal nature.
Event Terms and Conditions
- There will be no refund on a purchased Ticket.
- Please bring the print out of ticket confirmation with you
- This ticket permits only entry to the festival ground. Any drink or meal is not included in the purchase of this ticket.
- In the case with a couple of entry pass, if you are not found to be a couple at the entry time then you may be banned from entering the festival ground.
- Outsiders will be not allowed.
- Tickets must be purchased by someone who is of age 18 & above.
- Tickets and tent holders or resort accommodation must have payment proof or digital pass to attend the festival or email confirmation.
- This ticket permits entry to the festival grounds only. Any pre-parties or after-parties may have other ticketing requirements and may be sold separately.
- For security reasons, the organizers reserve the right to perform a security check on any member of the audience at any point during the Event
Ticket holders must carry a valid original photo ID proof such as Driving License, Aadhar Card, PAN Card or Passport when attending the festival.
- Food and beverages will be available inside the festival. Any outside Food and Beverages are not allowed inside the festival.
- There is a strict no drug policy that will be followed by each attendee at the venue.
- Foul, abusive or any form of discriminatory language, unruly language or any unruly or threatening behavior will not be tolerated at the Event at any cost.
- Artist lineup and activities may be subjected to change at any point of time without prior intimation.
- Organizers or any of its agents, officers, and employees shall not be responsible for any injury, damage, theft, losses or cost suffered at or as a result of the Event or any part of it.
Please bring the print out of ticket confirmation with you
Premier Tickets is an online event marketing and ticketing agency. Premier Tickets will NOT be responsible for any changes related to the event schedule, artist, venue or cancellation and refunds related to the tickets for the above event.
- Event Organiser has all the rights to alter and/or modify and/or add seating arrangements based on the demand and availability of the space.
- In case of any misbehavior/misconduct by any person at the venue, the Event Organiser has all the rights to evict that person from the auditorium and no refund will be given.
- Ticket availability and prices declared/quoted are subject to the change at the discretion of the event organiser without any notice.