Dinner with Music Legends- Shankar Ehsaan & Loy in Brisbane
06:30 PM, Thu, 25th July 2019
Dum & Rum Restaurant 694 Brunswick St, New Farm 4005 QLD Australia
Event Terms & Conditions:
- Please bring a printout of ticket confirmation with you.
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Please put your meal preference on customer details page in the notes section.
- Free Parking Available on-site and side streets
- 3 Course meal
- Opportunity to get photos with Artists
- Mobile Phones to be left on silent mode.
- Entry to the venue is reserved as per Promoters’ Discretion.
- Timings /dates/venue of the meet & greet are subject to change as per promoters discretion due to any unforeseen circumstances.
About Event & Artist:
Ehsaan was doing jingles at Mumbai, and Loy was in Delhi. Loy was writing for television then. There was a show called Quiz Time, and Siddharth Basu gave him the first break. Loy then did the music of Pranoy Roy’s show “The World This Week”, and some theatre, Shahrukh’s first serial “Fauji”. When Loy moved to Mumbai, he hooked up with Ehsaan and they started working together on jingles. Shankar used to sing for their jingles (Indian parts). He used to freelance as a singer with several music composers, and then launched his first album ‘Breathless’.
It was that time in the 80′s when things were different. There was a lot happening in the world of music. Engineering was becoming technology, and music was becoming visual. SHANKAR was busy with his engineering career, EHSAAN with his music, and LOY was thinking & drifting, thinking & becoming. A film-maker, late Mukul Anand, got the 3 together for his magnum opus ‘Dus’. The track “Hindustani” struck a chord, ripped through the charts and turned into an overnight anthem. Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, the band, was born.
Scoring for films, advertisements, the works. S-E-L started to merge with something that everybody would sink into with open arms. The freshness of good vibrations, melody and beats. “Dil Chahta Hai” perched them atop the rest and “Kal Ho Na Ho” fetched them a National award. SEL is here to stay. But behind these layers is the other side of SEL that constantly engages in creating awareness, raising funds and helping those who really need it. This is the most definitive pitch with which the trio continues to walk on… making every listen worthwhile.
SHANKAR MAHADEVAN’s voice has it all – soul, warmth, melody and depth. An institution by himself, a powerhouse of talent and a true champion of song.
The vocalist from SEL is anything but ordinary. His genius is often reflective of the strong roots in Carnatic classical music he hails from; and of course (Breathless).
Post the SEL phenomenon, that has assumed monstrous proportions after biggest hits after hits, Shankar has immersed himself in creating and excelling over his self-created parameters of great music.
Riff king, lead guitarist and proverbial rhythm rocker, EHSAAN NOORANI provides the SEL brand an energetic burst that is often experienced in their on-stage performances, inspiring Shankar and Loy to function at the optimum. An eternal student of sonic evolution, Ehsaan’s collection of electric guitars wall his interiors.
Ehsaan’s musical landscape, his vast knowledge – musical & technical – and an ability to instantly create tonal shifts which interweave in and out of chord changes, contribute immensely to SEL songs and arrangements.
Calm and composite. The LOY MENDONSA movement within the band has had its influences on their signature compositions. His relationship with his board has become largely instrumental towards the creation of the SEL phenomenon, that has captured them into the big league of best selling artistes.
A relaxed demeanor, and an ability to study a draft, understand a drift & flow with the tide has evolved into the essence of Loy
Premier Tickets is an online event marketing and ticketing agency. Premier Tickets will NOT be responsible for any changes related to the event schedule, artist, venue or cancellation and refunds related to the tickets for the above event.
- Event Organiser has all the rights to alter and/or modify and/or add seating arrangements based on the demand and availability of the space.
- In case of any misbehaviour/misconduct by any person at the venue, Event Organiser has all the rights to evict that person from the auditorium and no refund will be given.
- Ticket availability and prices declared/quoted are subject to change at the discretion of the event organiser without any notice.